2022-2023 Travel Program Information
· The cost of player registration is $500 for the 2022-2023 season.
o A $25 non-refundable payment is paid when registering for tryouts
o A $175 non-refundable payment is required when accepting a roster spot after tryouts
o Two remaining payments of $150 each are due on September 15 and November 1
§ NEW - late fees of $25 for the Sept 15 and Nov 1 payment due dates
· The $500 registration fee includes:
o Indoor & outdoor practice time from November through July (2+ trainings per week)
§ U12 and younger teams also have training opportunities starting in mid-September
o SSC Indoor Tournament (U08-U12 only)
o Summer league fees
· Not included in the $500 registration fee are:
o Uniform costs
§ As in the previous year, families will order & pay directly on the Score/SSC website
§ Uniforms are re-usable from year-to-year; players only need to order new uniforms (or uniform components) when needed (e.g. new to the club, need larger size, etc.)
o Fees for tournaments/other leagues that individual teams may elect to participate in
§ It varies by team and age group, but most teams collect approximately $100 more for tournaments, etc., although this may vary depending on fundraising efforts
Indoor Training (November through April):
· Weekly training opportunity #1:
o All teams practice individually on Saturdays for 90 minutes
o Locations include Total Sports Experience, Glacier Ridge Sports Dome, Salmon Creek
o Times vary by team beginning at 7:30am and ending at 8:30pm
· Weekly training opportunity #2:
o All players participate in club-wide skills training sessions designed by SSC Director of Player Development, Jamie Schneider
o Location is Glacier Ridge Sports Dome
o Thursday evenings for one hour between 7:00pm – 9:00pm, grouped by age group.
· Weekly/bi-weekly training opportunity #3:
o Teams have the opportunity to use school gyms for 45-75 minutes, December through April, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, as school gym availability allows.
· In addition, ages U8 – U12 have some training options in mid-September through October.
o Outdoor green space for individual team training on weeknights or weekends
o Un-structured “playground” soccer on Thursday nights at Glacier Ridge Sports Dome
§ SSC coaches provide supervision and support, but players are encouraged to self-organize, problem solve, and have fun playing soccer.
· Indoor tournaments & leagues:
o The SSC Indoor Tournament is free for U08-U12 SSC teams (normally in January-March).
o Individual teams may elect to participate in other indoor tournaments/leagues in the Rochester area that run sporadically December through April. (extra cost)
Outdoor Training (May through July):
· All teams practice individually on weeknights or weekends for 60-90 minutes, up to 3 times/week.
o Practice day & time varies depending on the team
· Once league games & tournaments start in late May, teams continue to meet about 3 times per week inclusive of games and practices.
· The Rochester District Youth Soccer League (https://www.rdysl.com) season runs from late-May through the end of July.
o All teams play 12 games (6 home & 6 away) around Rochester area, usually 1-2 games/week
o The travel distance varies based on the teams registered within the RDYSL divisions
· Each team typically participates in two or three weekend tournaments in May-July (extra cost).
o Tournament dates/locations vary greatly and will be agreed upon with your team
· A small number of SSC teams play in the NYS Thruway League or the NYSW Champions Conference instead of RDYSL – details will be provided by your team for this situation
· Every family is required to volunteer a specific number of times per player throughout the year.
· The volunteer requirement for this year is 1 or 2 volunteer shifts per player (TBD)
o Maximum of 4 shifts per family, if more than 2 players per family.
o Coaches (head & assistant) and board members are exempt from this requirement
o Team managers are exempt only for the child on the team that they manage
· Specific volunteer opportunities and details will be communicated when available, but here is some general info:
o The volunteer duties vary depending on event; expect a commitment of 1 – 3 hours/shift.
o There will be multiple opportunities available November through July, however the SSC Indoor Tournament usually has the majority of volunteer slots available for the year.
§ The SSC Indoor Tournament date is TBD, but normally in January-March.
o Some other possible volunteer opportunities include club social fundraisers, and outdoor field setup/breakdown.
· Failure to fulfill your volunteer requirement will result in a penalty of $50.00/player (max of $100) to be charged upon the conclusion of the volunteer signup opportunities for this season.
o Payment will be due at that time and your child will be unable to try out for the following season until payment has been made.
Tryouts for 2022-2023:
· SSC travel tryouts are normally held during the last week of July, so please avoid tryout week when planning summer family vacations. It is in all players’ best interest to attend tryouts each year.
· For 2022-2023, tryouts are currently planned for:
o Girls: Monday July 25, 2022 and Wednesday July 27, 2022
o Boys: Tuesday July 26, 2022 and Thursday July 28, 2022