The volunteer registration link is now available for this year’s Westside Invitational Canal Cup tournament. This year we will again be offering a limited number of volunteer buy out opportunities.
We would like to have all of our parents signed up for their volunteer slots or have purchased the volunteer buy out by Wednesday, June 5th. With the tournament coming up quickly, it is important to have a schedule in place as soon as we can. Please follow either of the links to complete your volunteer requirements.
There are 50 slots available at $50 each. They are available on a first come basis. Only Credit Card payments will be accepted. If you do not pay at the time of registration, you will automatically be removed from the buyout list and the request will not be completed. Once you choose the buyout option, your name is removed from the volunteer list.
The online volunteer sign-up is located on the Spencerport Soccer Club website and accessible by clicking the link above. Only available slots will show as an option for you to select. Once a spot is full, it will be removed from the list as an option.
- On the left column, select Volunteer Opportunities
- Click on Sign-Up next to the time slot that you would like to choose
- Enter the email address and password that you use on the club website (If it does not find your email address, try using one of the other family email addresses)
- Confirm your volunteer selection
- Specific time slots will fill up quickly. In order to have the best opportunity to choose your preference, it is recommended that you sign up quickly. If there is not a time slot available, please contact your team manager and they will work with the tournament director to determine the best use for you. We will need floaters in different areas.
- Each family is required to complete a volunteer slot for the tournament as one of their volunteer requirements within the club for each player on a travel team.
- If you do not sign up to volunteer or if you sign-up for a time slot and do not arrive, you will be charged an additional fee. This is to ensure that everyone is doing their share of the work and that other parents are not putting in extra time by having to stay late if their replacements do not arrive.
Due to the amount of time/ commitment that some people already provided to the club, they are exempt from performing specific volunteer duties during the tournament.
- Head Coach & Assistant Coach – The families of the head coach & assistant coach are exempt from the volunteer requirements.
- Managers – The family of the team manager is exempt from volunteering with the team that they are managing. If you have more than 1 child and manage only 1 team, the exception is for the child’s team you manage, not both teams.
- Field Set-up & Uniform Committee Members – You are exempt from the Canal Cup volunteer requirement for one child only.
We understand that everyone has numerous responsibilities as parents and finding time to volunteer is not always easy. It is important that we all work as a team to run a successful tournament. We cannot do it without the help of all of you. We do appreciate the time and energy that you commit to the Spencerport Soccer Club.
Feel free to reach out with any questions.