Please check your email about a few outdoor tournament dates we're trying to finalize. Thank you!
I hope everyone's hearts are okay after those games yesterday. I definitely feel as if I lost a few years off my life, that's for sure! Our girls played with great heart and perseverance and words don't really express how proud they made us feel yesterday. That being said, we're now looking forward to what is next on the horizon.
Indoor League: As we move forward over the next few weeks, we'll begin working on specific game scenarios that we'll need to clean up before we begin our indoor league. We're hoping that Kerri has the time of our first indoor game [which will be Saturday, Feb 1st] at some point this week. Leagues will usually post the remainder of the schedule after the first week of play so we won't know a specific indoor schedule until that Feb 1st date. Games will be Saturday mornings [and there's the possibility of one evening slot being open for games as well].
We have a few options that the coaching staff has been discussing. When looking at possible dates here are the factors that we took into consideration:
-cost: three tournaments obviously costs more than two. Based on our fundraising this could possibly be more money out of pocket.
-this team has done three tournaments the last two years. Would parents be disappointed if we didn't do three or would they be relieved?
-July 4th is on a weekend this year which makes scheduling more difficult for a few tournaments we had initially considered
-trying to fill a possible 3rd tournament slot without the Spencerport/Hilton Canal Cup
-honoring the requests of the families that informed us about possible summer conflicts back in the fall.
-the schedule of the coaching staff.
Here are the options at this time - I'd like your specific feedback so please reply to this email with a first choice and a second choice.
Tournaments we're considering:
Akron [out toward Buffalo-May 1-3] Akron is more of a drive but should have good competition that we usually don't play.
GUFC [May 15-17] GUFC-we played in this tournament last year. Usually has teams we're familiar with.
Chili [May 29-31] Chili is a tournament that usually has good competition
Hilton [June 5-7] This is the Hilton version of the Canal Cup that Spencerport has co-hosted in previous years
Option 1: Two tournaments only. GUFC and Chili
Option 2: Two tournaments only. Akron and Chili or Akron and GUFC. Voting for this means you're open to more of an out of town tournament. If this were to work out, there could be the possibility of an overnight stay at a hotel if enough families were interested/the schedule warranted an overnight stay; this would NOT be mandatory - just an option [driving back and forth is 100% feasible]
Option 3: Three tournaments. Akron, GUFC, Chili [every other weekend in May]; see comment about Akron in option 2 above
Option 4: Three tournaments. GUFC, Chili, HIlton [all local; Chili and Hilton are back to back weekends]
Thank you for your feedback. Please reply to this email with a first choice and a second choice. We'd like a decision to be made in the next 72 hours so we can register and get these dates on the calendar. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact Kerri or I in the next few days.